Friday, June 5, 2009

Baby's Room (Post 3 of 3)

Lately I have been in the "nesting" mood as they call it in the What to Expect book. I have been trying to get the baby's room all finished. I still have some stuff left to do, furniture to move in, and pictures to hang on the wall, but it looks pretty good so far.
 
I've done a few projects as well for his room. The first one I bought some wooden letters and toys from the craft store and painted them dark blue,  a lighter green, and brown. It was fun and a way to spend my time. Here's the finished pieces. Eventually we'll put his name on the wall. Oh also we've decided to name him Ryder Keith.

This is a picture of his vibrating bounce chair that we got from someone in our parents ward. I love getting things so we don't have to buy them, it's very convenient. The mat next to it I made out of foam puzzle pieces I also found at the craft store and placed together to form a small play mat. It will probably be a while until he'll be big enough to use it as a play mat, but for now it adds some color.
We also got this swing from the same family, along with a car seat, it'll be nice to have this to place him in while I clean the house or make dinner. 
This is his crib all ready for him with the mattress and blankets. We were never able to find a cute inexpensive crib set so we are just using blankets, but it still looks cute. We are so excited for our sweet baby. He is due on Wednesday, but could come any day.
I apologize that the lighting in the pictures is so poor, it was very bright in the room and difficult to get the lighting right. I need to work more on my photography skills.

3 comments:

  1. his room is very cute. I love the colors you used. I spelled his name wrong in the card I'm sending you. Sorry. I want to see your huge belly before he's born, so post another pic please :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. the crib is awesome! I also like your place settings in your super nice kitchen. Nesting is a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you let me know you have a new blog. Congrats on the wedding sorry we weren't able to make it. I love the name Ryder. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete