Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So this past weekend I went to Arches for a fun trip. I was planning on taking a lot of pictures but with my luck it started pouring shortly after I got there and rained for the rest of the time I was there. I still went hiking which was very fun especially with the rain! 


This is a picture of Double Arch. I love this arch it is so cool, especially because you can climb up to it. I tried to fit it all in but it is extremely difficult.


It started raining at Double Arch. The past three times I have been there it rained once I went to that Arch, which is a little strange. So if you want rain then go to Double Arch.


This Arch is called Turret Arch, it is over by the Windows Arches. I think it is cool.


And these are the beautiful puffy white clouds, this is what they looked like right before the rain came to where I was. I thought they were very pretty.


This is just a picture of it raining a few miles away, and then a few minutes later it all came to where I was.


And finally, this is my friend Mr. Grasshopper. I was stopped at the gas station and saw something jump up in front of my windshield but I wasn't sure what it was so I just ignored it. Well a few seconds later as I was driving down the road this is what I saw. This was literally one of the biggest grasshoppers I have ever seen and I thought he was so pretty too, so I just had to take a picture to show everyone. He rode with me for a few miles on the windshield wiper and then I pulled over to try to take a better picture and when I did he jumped off. It was bizarre but really cool too. I like my new friend Mr. Grasshopper.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Megs! Arches is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun trip. Did you go all by yourself or with family or roommates? Either way, its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm glad that you got to go.

    ReplyDelete